NACD announces Results for CERT Certificate in Cybersecurity Oversight in Q1 2017
Corporate Directors and Senior Executives from Bank of NY Mellon, Blue Cross Blue Shield, HealthSouth and The PNC Financial Services Group Earned NACD’s Premier Cyber-Risk Oversight Credential in Q1 2017
WASHINGTON, DC (May 8, 2017) — The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), the advocate for the profession of directorship, today announced the corporate directors and senior executives who earned the CERT Certificate in Cybersecurity Oversight during the first quarter of 2017.
The graduates of the course earned this unique credential by completing the NACD Cyber-Risk Oversight Program, the world’s first-ever online cyber-risk course for corporate leaders. The robust, multimodule program improves corporate directors’ understanding of cybersecurity risks, details the respective responsibilities of the board and C-suite executives in cyber-risk oversight, and engages participants in a cyber-crisis simulation. The course culminates in a comprehensive exam.
“Now, more than ever, it is of paramount importance that those of us who bear the responsibility for corporate oversight are properly equipped to ask the right questions related to cybersecurity,” said Peter Gleason, NACD president and CEO. “This credential is a tangible testament to these leaders’ commitment to advanced cyber literacy.”
Corporate leaders who earned the CERT Certificate in Cybersecurity Oversight during the first quarter of 2017 include the following corporate directors and senior executives:
- Dennis Beresford, Director, NACD
- Gerry Czarnecki, Chair and CEO, The Deltennium Group Inc.
- Nicholas Donofrio, Director, Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Bank of New York Mellon, Liberty Mutual, and The MITRE Corp.
- Barbara Duganier, Director, Buckeye Partners LP, MRC Global, and NACD Texas TriCities Chapter
- Thomas B. Gannett, President and CEO, BCR Management; Director, Kirkpatrick Bank and Worth Group; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
- Jerome Greig, CIO, Fugro; Director, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Jerome Hauer, CEO, Hauer Group LLC; Director, Emergent BioSolutions
- Joan Herman, President and CEO, Herman and Associates LLC; Director, ASL, Convergys, and HealthSouth
- Daniel Hesse, Director, The PNC Financial Services Group Inc.
- John Hogan, Sr. Managing Director, Technology, Broadridge Financial Solutions
- William Kraut, Partner, Newport Board Group LLC; Director, InTest Corp
- Lianne Pelletier, Director, ATN International and Expeditors International; Chair, NACD Northwest Chapter
- Jeffrey Petersen, CEO, Petersen Hastings; Director, Tri-Cities Cancer Center
- Kimberly Ritrievi, President, The Ritrievi Group LLC; Director, Tetra Tech
- Nancy Ross, Senior Director Information Security, RAI Services Co.
- Andrew Serwin, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP; Director, the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance
- Lorene Steffes, Director, The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., PNC Bank, National Association
The course was developed in partnership with Ridge Global and the CERT Division of the Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, which issues the certificate. Participants earn 24 Continuing Professional Education credits. In addition, NACD members who complete the course earn 22 NACD Fellowship® skill credits.
“Whether a director has a background in technology or not, regulators and shareholders are holding board members to higher standards of accountability when it comes to cyber oversight,” said Gov. Tom Ridge, chair of Ridge Global and America’s first secretary of homeland security. “The NACD Cyber-Risk Oversight Program with the CERT Certificate will help board members gain confidence on cyber-risk issues while providing a tangible credential demonstrating their commitment to their fiduciary responsibilities.”
Visit www.NACDonline.org/CyberCertificate to learn more about the NACD Cyber-Risk Oversight Program.
The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) empowers more than 17,000 directors to lead with confidence in the boardroom. As the recognized authority on leading boardroom practices, NACD helps boards strengthen investor trust and public confidence by ensuring that today’s directors are well prepared for tomorrow’s challenges. World-class boards join NACD to elevate performance, gain foresight, and instill confidence. Fostering collaboration among directors, investors, and corporate governance stakeholders, NACD has been setting the standard for responsible board leadership for 40 years. To learn more about NACD, visit www.NACDonline.org. To become an NACD member, please contact us at Join@NACDonline.org or 202-572-2089. If you are already a member, contact your NACD Membership Advisor at MembershipAdvisor@NACDonline.org to ensure that you are receiving the best value from your membership.